Terminal Automation System Interface
This interface allows data on loading transactions (loading information) to be sent from the SAP Oil & Gas System to an external system (Terminal Automation System). After the loading transaction has taken place, the external system sends the loading information back to the SAP Oil & Gas System, where it is processed automatically.
The interface supports the transfer of loading information for the following business processes: pick-ups, shipments, goods movements, and physical inventory counts.
The Transportation and Distribution (TD) area contains the following interfaces:
· Terminal Automation System Interface
You can use these interfaces together. The graphic below shows how the SAP Oil & Gas System and external systems use interfaces to communicate with each other. The individual steps refer to the numbers in the graphic.
1. The interface copies master data and orders to the Transportation Planning System (TPS).
2. The interface automatically creates orders, deliveries, and optimized shipments in the external TPS. Optimized shipments are copied to the SAP Oil & Gas System.
3. The interface copies data for loading processes (loading information) to the Terminal Automation System.
4. The interface copies actual loading data from the loading process, to the SAP Oil & Gas System. The interface creates the delivery confirmation.
5. The interface copies the shipment master data and TD master data to the carrier’s system.
6. The interface copies all data that is relevant to the delivery confirmation, to the SAP Oil & Gas System. Here, the shipment is modified accordingly. The interface creates the delivery confirmation.
The Terminal Automation System Interface supports the following functions:
· Sending loading information to an external system
· Receiving loading information from an external system that is destined for the SAP Oil & Gas System:
¡ Using IDocs and ALE
¡ Using an internal table and a Remote Function Call (RFC)
· ManuManuallyally entering loading information in the SAP Oil & Gas System
· Processing loading information in the SAP Oil & Gas System
Depending on whether the loading information is entered in a sales contract, order or contract call-off, or a shipment, the system calls various function modules for further automatic processing. Refer also to the corresponding Implementation Guide by choosing Industry Solution Oil & Gas (Downstream) ® TD (Transportation and Distribution) ® TAS (Terminal Automation System Interface) ® Define functions and function groups.
In the following documentation, the term "TAS" is often used in combination with other terms (for example, TAS group, TAS relevant, TAS status table, and so on). TAS is the abbreviation for Terminal Automation System and where TAS is used in combination with other terms, it means “with reference to the Terminal Automation System”.