You create repeated spool requests in the same transaction and want the system to combine them into a single spool request.
The requests can then be handled as a single job for purposes of printing and spool management.
· Create the spool request to which the following requests are to be added. To do this, start the print process as normal, for example, by choosing , and then deactivate Print Immediately on the following print window.
· The spool request to which the others are to be added must not be sent to the host spool system. It is no longer possible to add there.
· The spool requests that are to be added to an existing spool request must be generated in the same transaction and have the same attributes (such as user, title, output device, client from which the request was issued, number of copies, priority, cover sheet setting, archive mode, and ABAP session number).
1. In the list of spool requests, choose the spool request to which you want to add the additional spool requests.
2. Choose Request attributes.
3. Ensure that the option Completed, no longer possible to add to is deactivated, and save changes, if necessary.
4. Generate the spool request to be added by starting the print process as normal, for example, by choosing .
5. In the following print window, ensure that the New Spool Request option is deactivated.
6. Choose Continue.
The second spool request is added to the first spool request generated.
You can display the content of the spool request or check whether the spool request was added as follows:
1. In the overview of spool requests, choose the spool request to which the additional spool request was added.
2. Choose Display Contents.
The content is displayed differently, depending on which documents were added:
¡ For SAPscript/Smart Forms documents and ABAP lists, the content of all added documents is displayed at once. The reason for this is that these document types are written to one file when added.
For more information about adding spool requests consisting of SAPscript/Smart Forms documents and ABAP lists, see SAP Note 85318 in the SAP Service Marketplace.
¡ In the case of forms that were created with the PDF-based solution integrated as of SAP Web Application Server 6.40, a separate file is created for each added document. You therefore first see the content of the spool request as a part list, where a part consists of one added document. For more information about this, see the section Displaying and Outputting PDF-Based Forms.