You want to export the contents of a spool request as a text file to the SAP GUI working directory or to a directory of your choice. The content of the spool request is downloaded as plain text without, for example, graphics, images, or specific fonts.
The following procedures are irrelevant for the PDF-based form printing integrated as of SAP Web Application Server 6.40, since the print data can be opened and stored as a PDF. See also Displaying and Printing PDF-Based Forms.
Choose Spool Request ® Forward® Export as Text.
The entire text is stored in your SAP GUI working directory in ASCII format.
A file of this type is named using the following pattern:
<SAP system name><spool number>.txt
You require appropriate authorization for this function.
With this method of exporting a spool request, the content of the spool request is first displayed and you then download the screen list as a text file to the directory of your choice.
1. Select the spool request to be exported and choose Display Contents.
2. In the case of SAPScript/Smart Forms documents, activate list display by choosing Goto.
3. Choose System ® List ® Save ® Local File.
4. Choose one of the available formats and confirm your choice.
5. Choose a directory and save the spool request.
By default, only the first 10 pages of a spool request are saved in a file. You can increase the number of pages to be saved by choosing Goto ® Display Requests ® Settings and making the desired entries in the Display Area group box.