Checking a model out of the source control system enables you to modify the model while simultaneously locking it for revision to other users. Other users see a Checked Out by <user> icon and can open the model for read-only review. To release the modified model for other users, you must subsequently check it back in or revert it.
The model has been previously checked in or added to the source control system.
1. Choose Model ® Manage Models.
2. In the Manage Models dialog box, expand the Shared Repository or source control node and select the model that you want to check out. Look at the icon next to the model to make sure that it is not already checked out (to you or to another user).
3. Click the Check Out button. The Activity Description dialog box is displayed.
4. Click anywhere in the Activity Description field. The field expands into an Activity Description dialog box.
5. In the text pane, enter a description of the changes you plan to make to the model and click OK.
6. Click Save. The model icon in the tree changes to indicate that the model is checked out, and information is displayed in the status pane that indicates that the model is checked out by you.
The model is checked out and is now locked, meaning that it cannot be modified by other users until you check it in. You can double-click the model in the Manage Models dialog box to open the model in Storyboard.