When you finish creating a model in a local development component, you can add the development component to a source control system. Adding a development component to a source control system automatically checks in all models in that development component.
The development component name must be unique within the source control system.
After a development component and its models are added to the source control system, they are available to other users and version control is activated on them. For this reason, you should only add a local development component to the source control system when all models in that development component are ready to be checked in.
1. Choose Model ® Manage Models.
2. In the Manage Models dialog box, expand the Local Repository node and choose the development component that you want to add to the source control system.
3. Click the Add to Source Control button. The Add to Source Control Details dialog box is displayed and the XGL file is created. The Add to DTR Details dialog box is displayed.
4. From the Software component dropdown list, choose the software component to which you want to add the development component.
5. Click the button next to the Activity description field to open the Activity Description dialog box. Enter a description and click OK.
6. From the Domain dropdown list, select the relevant domain, if required.
7. Click Save.
The development component is removed from the local repository and added to the source control system. All models in the development component are also checked in to the source control system.