Using SAP Data Flow Templates
The SAP data flow templates do not have to be transferred from the technical content. They are visible in graphic data flow modeling and can be used as templates immediately. However, they are only displayed in the data flow object tree of the Data Warehousing Workbench, if they have been saved actively.
Data flow templates help you to implement a layered scalable architecture (LSA) in your BW system. The LSA is a reference architecture that has a structure based on the principles of the Enterprise Data Warehouse. It ensures consistent, scalable and flexible implementation of the Business Warehouse. The larger the BW system is or could potentially become, the more important it is to standardize using LSA. The LSA also provides important guidelines for smaller BW systems.
More information on LSA: Building and Running a Data Warehouse
- Proceed as described in Creating Data Flows or Data Flow Templates, steps 1 and 2.
- Choose . You see a list of the SAP data flow templates.
- Click on an SAP data flow template to view it and to read the corresponding documentation.
- Select a template that meets your requirements and choose .
- To create persistent objects in your data flow, proceed as described in "Creating an Object in Data Flow Maintenance". For more information, see Adding Objects and Connections to the Data Flow
The following content is not part of SAP product documentation. For more information, see the following disclaimer .