Was this page helpful to you?
Do you have any additional feedback?
Logon with Client Certificate
1. When you log on with a client certificate, you can use an X509 certificate.
· The appropriate header field is set.
· The connection for HTTPS is configured.
· The client certificate exists.
You can use a client certificate to check logons in two different ways:
· As part of the standard logon order or an alternative logon order (if selected)
· As the only logon check (if the Client Certificate (SSL) Required option is selected)
If you only want logons for services or services nodes to be performed with a client certificate, proceed as follows:
2. In transaction SICF, double-click the required service or service node.
3. Choose Change.
4. Choose Logon Data.
5. In the Logon procedure field, enter the option Mandatory using client certificate / SSL.
If you make settings in a service node, this data is passed on to all services under this node, unless different data has been entered for them.
6. Under Service Data/Security Requirements, select the SSL option.
7. Save your data by choosing .
The following content is not part of SAP product documentation. For more information, see the following disclaimer .