Was this page helpful to you?
Do you have any additional feedback?
Logon Using Basic Authentication.
If you use Basic Authentication to log on to the ABAP Application Server, you can choose either a standard SAP user or an Internet user:
● The default SAP user is the user name entered in transaction SU01.
● The Internet user is the alias name. This can be longer than the normal SAP user name. This can also be set in SU01.
Depending on the settings, the input in the HTTP popup for Basic Authentication is interpreted as either a user name or an alias.
If you want to change the user type for the Basic Authentication logon procedure in a service or service node, proceed as follows:
1. In transaction SICF, double-click the required service or service node.
2. Choose Change
4. Under Logon Data/Authentication, choose Standard SAP User or Internet User.
If you make this setting in a service node, the data is passed on to all services under this node.
5. Save your entries by choosing Save.
The following content is not part of SAP product documentation. For more information, see the following disclaimer .