In this process, you use the SAP NetWeaver Visual Composer Storyboard to model the logic of your business intelligence content, arrange the layout of user interface (UI) components, and deploy your model to the SAP NetWeaver Portal.
When you model the logic of data using SAP NetWeaver Visual Composer, you configure which user interface (UI) components are presented in the model at runtime and how the end-user may interact with the components. You do this by dragging and dropping icons that represent the elements of the resultant iView, such as the forms it displays at runtime. As you construct the UI, SAP NetWeaver Visual Composer writes the underlying code.
You may, for example, configure a form as an input for a query or configure the data service’s output port to deploy to a chart. You may also assemble an analytical application.
By simply dragging and dropping, you can move the UI components around the layout in order to size them according to their contents and position them next to each other, or under one another.
When you are satisfied with your model, you deploy it directly to the SAP NetWeaver Portal where you can view it in Adobe Flash format.
This IT process is part of the following IT scenario:
To use this process, you must first have created business intelligence content in SAP NetWeaver Visual Composer using the process defined in Getting Datasets.
The following IT process runs in the Enterprise Portal (EP) usage type:
1. Build model logic
Use SAP NetWeaver Visual Composer’s logic modeling capabilities to manipulate the query’s input and output ports. For example:
○ Change the properties for filter values or variables
○ Create a columns chart view on the output port that graphically displays the result of a Top 5 query in columns
○ Create an input form on the data service that lets the user enter a string for a specific country and then re-submit the query
○ Configure different input controls; for example, configure a drop-down list for a form
○ Create advanced BI applications by stringing multiple objects together from the input and output of the data services
○ Assemble an analytical application
2. Configure layout
Use SAP NetWeaver Visual Composer’s Layout mode to configure the layout of the UI components of the iView, for example:
○ View the general runtime layout of each UI component
○ Drag and drop to move tables, charts, and forms around the layout
○ Size the UI components according to their contents and position them next to each other, or under one another
○ Add value help to an input field
○ Rename or move the different columns of tables as needed
3. Deploy model
Go to the Deploy to Portal task panel and simply click to deploy your model to the SAP NetWeaver Portal in Adobe Flash format.
After you have finished modeling the logic and layout of your business intelligence content and deploying the model to the portal, SAP NetWeaver Visual Composer automatically translates your model into the underlying code and sends it to an iView on the SAP NetWeaver Portal, where it is immediately available. You simply click to view the model in the SAP NetWeaver Portal.