Ensure that all the InfoObjects you want to transfer in the InfoCube are available in an active version. Create any InfoObjects you need that do not already exist and activate them.
Instead of creating a new InfoCube, you can install an InfoCube from SAP BI Content.
1. Create an InfoArea to which the new InfoCube should be assigned.
Choose Modeling → InfoProvider.
2. In the InfoArea context menu, choose Create InfoCube.
3. Select either Standard or Real Time as the InfoCube type. More information: Real-Time InfoCube
If you want to create a copy of an already existing InfoCube, you can enter an InfoCube as a template.
The Edit InfoCube screen appears.
4. Adding InfoObjects:
On the left-hand side of the screen, there are various templates to choose from. These give you a better overview of a particular task. For performance reasons, the default setting is an empty template. You use the pushbuttons to select different objects as templates.
The InfoObjects to be added to the InfoCube are divided into the following categories: characteristic, time characteristic, key figure and unit.
On the right side of the screen, you define the InfoCube. Use drag and drop to assign the InfoObjects in the dimensions and the Key Figures folder. You can select several InfoObjects at the same time. You can also transfer entire dimensions using drag and drop. The system assigns navigation attributes automatically. These navigation attributes can be switched on to analyze data in the Business Explorer. If the navigation attributes are switched on, they are also displayed in the transformation (only if the InfoCube is the source) and can be updated.
You can insert InfoObjects without selecting a template in the left half of the screen. This is useful if you know exactly which InfoObjects you want to include in the InfoCube. In the context menu for the folders for dimensions or key figures, choose InfoObject Direct Input. In the dialog box that appears, you can enter and transfer up to 10 InfoObjects directly, or you can select them using input help. You can use drag and drop to reassign them.
5. Details and provider-specific properties:
If you double-click an InfoObject, the detail display for this InfoObject appears. In the context menu for an InfoObject, you can make additional settings under Provider-Specific Properties. You can find more information in the Provider-Specific Properties section in Additional Functions in InfoCube Maintenance.
6. Create dimensions: The data package, time, and unit dimensions are available by default. In the context menu for the Dimensions folder, you can create additional dimensions under Create New Dimensions.
More information: Dimension.
If a dimension only has one characteristic, or it has a large number of values, you need to set the Line Item or High Cardinality indicator. More information: Line Item and High Cardinality.
7. In the context menu for the Key Figures folder you can Insert New Hierarchy Nodes. This allows you to sort the key figures in a hierarchy. You then get a better overview of large quantities of key figures in query definition.
More information: Defining New Queries
8. Save or Activate the InfoCube.
Only an activated InfoCube can be supplied with data and used for reporting and analysis.