The CCMS System Component Repository (SCR) is a database for storing data about SAP systems and other components in an IT landscape. It has the following tasks:
· The SCR provides an information store for functions that operate beyond the boundaries of an SAP system or a component. For example, the SAP’s distributed statistics records use the SCR to administer the trace data of ITS instances.
· The SCR supports the maintenance of certain SAP objects. For example, you can maintain the system groups for the CCMS Alert Monitor in a central system.
The Common Information Model (CIM) forms the basis of the SCR. It describes how management data is displayed. Objects are realized through classes and instances using an object-oriented approach. In this way, a continuous and uniform display of all logical and physical objects in a monitored environment is achieved.
You have two options for filling the SCR with data:
· Fill the SCR manually as described in Filling and Updating the Repository. With this method, the data is not later automatically updated.
· Now activate the background dispatching of the monitoring architecture. This means that the system starts a method at every system start that fills the repository with data or updates the dataset. To start the background dispatching, follow the procedure below:
a. Choose CCMS → Configuration → Alert Monitor, or call transaction RZ21.
b. Choose Technical Infrastructure → Method Execution → Activate Background Dispatching.
The standard data supplier of the CCMS for filling the SCR collects only data for the local SAP system; that is, the system in which the repository is stored. You can display data for other systems by assigning a role to the corresponding SCRs. The most important roles are those of a subordinate repository and of a central repository. All data of the subordinate repository is available in the central repository. The data covers the following areas, among others:
· Application servers
· RFC destinations
· Operation modes
· Installed Support Packages
You can also fill or update the repository as required. For information about this, see Filling and Updating the Repository.