Customizing the Logon Screens
The portal is shipped with a standard set of logon screens. These include the screen in which users enter their user ID and password, the screen for requesting help from an administrator, and so on. If required, you can change these screens to reflect your company’s look and feel. To do this, you have to modify the Java Server Pages (JSPs) of the logon component shipped by SAP and reconfigure user management to use the modified logon component.
The standard logon component containing the code and resources used by the logon screens is shipped in a portal archive (PAR) file named com.sap.portal.runtime.logon.par.
If you want to change only the branding image displayed in the logon screen, you can configure this using the user management property ume.logon.branding_image
The changes you make to the logon screens can be overwritten during an upgrade. For this reason you should always make a copy of any file before changing it. After an upgrade you have to reconfigure your changes.
Make a Copy of the Standard Logon Component and Modify It
1. Navigate to <J2EE_Engine_Instance>\j2ee\cluster\server<X>\apps\sap.com\irj\servlet_jsp\irj\root\WEB-INF\deployment\pcd.
There you can find com.sap.portal.runtime.logon.par.bak.
2. Make a copy of com.sap.portal.runtime.logon.par.bak and rename it. In this example, it is renamed to my.new.logon.par.
3. Move my.new.logon.par to a location outside of the <J2EE-Engine_Instance>.
4. Extract the files from my.new.logon.par preserving the directory structure.
5. Modify files in the extracted PAR file.
6. Put the modified files back into my.new.logon.par.
7. Copy my.new.logon.par back to <J2EE_Engine_Instance>\j2ee\cluster\server<X>\apps\sap.com\irj\servlet_jsp\irj\root\WEB-INF\deployment\pcd.
Modify authschemes.xml to reference the new PAR file containing the modified logon UIs
8. In the authschemes.xml file, replace all occurrences of the string “com.sap.portal.runtime.logon” with “my.new.logon” in the tags <frontendtarget> and save the file. Edit the authschemes.xml file as described in Changing the authschemes.xml File.
9. Restart the nodes in the cluster for the changes to take effect.
The modified logon screens are displayed at logon.