1. In the context menu of your InfoObject catalog for key figures, select Create InfoObject.
2. Enter a name and a description
3. If necessary, define a reference key figure or a template InfoObject.
Template InfoObject: If you choose a template InfoObject, copy its properties to your new key figure so that you can edit them.
Reference key figure: With a reference key figure, the original value is filled from the referenced key figure. However, it is calculated differently with this key figure (either with other aggregations or with Elimination of Internal Business Volume in the query). When creating update rules, a key figure with a reference is not offered. Therefore, it is not possible to create update rules.
4. Confirm your entries.
5. Edit Tab Page: Type/Unit.
6. Edit Tab Page: Aggregation.
7. Edit Tab Page: Additional Properties.
8. If you created your key figure with a reference, you get an additional Elimination tab page.
9. Save and activate the key figure you have created.
Key figures have to be activated before they can be used.
Save means that all changed key figures in the InfoObject catalog are created, and that the table entries are saved. However, they cannot be used for reporting in InfoProviders yet. The older active version is retained initially.
The system only creates the corresponding data dictionary objects (data elements, domains, programs) after you have activated the key figure. Only then do the InfoProviders use the activated, new version.