The XML Content and Actions tool in the portal allows you to upload an XML file to automatically create semantic portal objects and perform various administration-related actions.
Through XML, you can automate the following tasks while setting up a federated portal network:
● Configure system properties for a proxy server
● Create a producer instance on a consumer portal
● Register a consumer portal with a producer portal
● Create remote delta link content on a consumer portal
● Perform remote role assignment on a consumer portal
To execute these task you need to first code the XML file accordingly and then upload the file to the portal.
More information, including code examples: XML Content and Actions