When you edit a planning folder you are able to assign one or more global planning functions or planning sequences to manual or automatic execution under the global planning functions folder.
At the time of execution, these planning functions are offered or executed automatically, independently of the layout that is active.
Various functions in the context menu of the Global Planning Functions folder allow you to create global planning functions or sequences as planning objects. For more information, see the section “activities”.
The following options are available:
· Function as pushbutton: The function can be executed using an appropriate pushbutton.
· Execute function at folder start: The function is executed automatically before the planning folder is started and, in particular, before variable values can be entered. If an error occurs during execution, the execution of the folder is terminated.
· Execute function when saving: The function is automatically executed each time before the changed plan data is saved. If an error occurs, the data is not saved.
1. Create the required global planning functions or sequences as planning objects.
2. Choose Function Properties. The dialog box Execution Time of Functions appears.
3. Make the required choice. According to the time of execution that you have chosen, the system highlights the planning object with a particular symbol.