You have created a translation package.
Besides the installation of Microsoft Word or Microsoft Office, the following prerequisites also have to be fulfilled if you want to translate using the TRADOS translation tools:
· Installation of TRADOS Translator's Workbench Version 2.2 Build 66 or higher, TRADOS Team Edition 3 (TRADOS Freelance Edition 3 is not supported) or TRADOS 5.x
· Optional: Installation of TRADOS MultiTerm
To translate Microsoft PowerPoint graphics using TRADOS T-Window for PowerPoint, the following additional prerequisite must also be fulfilled:
· Installation of TRADOS T-Window for PowerPoint 1.1 Build 3 or higher (included in Team Edition 3 and TRADOS 5.x)
When you open a target language file in Microsoft Word, a toolbar is displayed with the following functions:
You do not need this function if you called the target language file from the ClickMe.doc file since the target language file is then already prepared for translation.
Prepares the target language file for translation.
1. Starts the TRADOS applications (only if translating with the TRADOS Translator's Workbench)
a. TRADOS MultiTerm is started.
b. The terminology database is opened.
c. TRADOS Translator's Workbench is started.
d. The TRADOS translation memory is opened.
2. The target language file is opened as the central document. Subdocuments are expanded.
3. The file with the last available translation version is opened in the background. Subdocuments are expanded.
Switches between the target language file and the original file.
For translation of embedded Microsoft PowerPoint graphics.
Cleans up the target language file or translation package (only when translating with the TRADOS Translator's Workbench).
1. Checks the title lengths and graphics.
2. Saves the translated document.
3. Creates the subdirectory Trans, from which the translation package is read.
4. Converts the translated target language files into RTF format and copies the RTF file to subdirectory Trans.
5. Cleans up the RTF version of the translated target language files and updates the translation memory.
6. Creates logs SapTrExt.log and SapTrExt.clg for the cleanup in the directory in which the translation package is stored.
7. Converts the cleaned up RTF files back into DOC format.
8. Creates the document Trans<nnn>.doc in the subdirectory Trans.
9. Checks if errors occurred during the cleanup.
10. Opens file Trans<nnn>.doc and expands the subdocuments
Checks the target language file or translation package.
· Checks the title length
· Checks that the graphics are correctly embedded.
· Checks that the indicator Put over text is not activated
· Checks that all the hyperlinks that exist in the original language document are defined and correct
· Checks that there are no TRADOS markers in the cleaned up document
· Reports on inconsistencies
· Writes messages in the log SapTrExt.log in the directory of the translation package
Closes all applications, except TRADOS MultiTerm.
11. Closes Microsoft Word and all the documents in it.
12. Closes Microsoft PowerPoint if there is no presentation open
13. Closes the TRADOS Translator's Workbench
Information about the offline translation macro version installed.
The macros are checked out with each translation package. They are not installed with Microsoft Word.
Documentation and error log.
1. Call the ClickMe.doc file, which is stored in the directory of the translation package.
2. Translate the individual target language files dst<nnn>.doc that are stored in the translation package directory.
3. Translate embedded Microsoft PowerPoint graphics.
4. Clean up the target language files (only if translating with the TRADOS Translator's Workbench).
5. Check the target language files.
The translation package was translated and prepared to be read into SAP KW.