1. Install the precalculation software from the SAP NetWeaver 04 Additional Software DVD on a PC. You can find more information in the installation guide on the SAP NetWeaver 04 Additional Software DVD and at the Internet address service.sap.com/instguides → SAP NetWeaver → Release 04 → Installation → Installation Guide – SAP Business Information Warehouse 3.5.
During installation, the following Windows service appears in the management console: SAP BW Precalculation Service.
2. Log on to the BW system on the PC where the SAP BW Precalculation Service has been installed and go to Customizing (transaction SPRO): SAP Reference IMG → SAP NetWeaver → SAP Business Information Warehouse → Reporting-relevant Settings → General Reporting Settings in Business Explorer →Managing Precalculation Server.
3. Choose Create Precalculation Server.
4. Enter the technical name of the server (max. 10 characters) and a description. The description is language dependent and appears in the BEx Broadcaster during selection of a special precalculation server (see Precalculating and Distributing Workbooks ).
The precalculation server, which from a technical viewpoint is an RFC server, appears in the list.
5. Start the Windows service SAP BW Precalculation Service. The precalculation server is ready and the status display of the precalculation server shows a green light.