When you execute an inspection using the Code Inspector, the system checks the individual objects of a defined set of objects for certain attributes using the check variant.
There are global and local check variants. Global check variants are available for all users. SAP supplies the global DEFAULT variant, which you can use to check objects from within the workbench. If you have the appropriate authorizations, you can create global check variants yourself. It is possible to transport global check variants into other systems using the transport system. In contrast to the global check variants, local check variants are visible only for one user.
The Code Inspector is a generic tool that you use to check static objects. You can enhance the predefined list of check categories and individual checks supplied by SAP at any time.
· General checks contain formatting elements, such as listing table names from SELECT statements.
· Performance checks contain checks for performance and for resource use, such as:
¡ Analysis of the WHERE condition for SELECT / UPDATE and DELETE
¡ SELECT statements that read past the table buffer
¡ Low-performing accesses to internal tables
· Security checks contain checks for critical statements, cross-client queries, inadequate authority checks.
· Syntax check / generation contains ABAP syntax check, an enhanced program check, and generation:
· Programming conventions contain checks for name conventions.
· Search functions contain searches in ABAP coding for tokens (words) and statements.