The user profile is the set of user data that users and administrators can display and modify and includes attributes such as name, e-mail address, language, and so on.
Users can only display and modify their own user profile if they have the appropriate permissions. Either the UME property ume.admin.allow_selfmanagement must be set to true or the users must be assigned to a role including the UME.Manage_My_Profile action. In certain scenarios it can be advisable not to allow certain types of users to modify their own data.
If you have set up your User Management Engine to use ABAP user management with read-write access, by default all users can change their profile. In this way users can change their e-mail address, which they would not be able to change using the tools provided in the ABAP system. If you do not want users to be able to change their e-mail address, you should disable this using the UME property ume.admin.allow_selfmanagement.
· The user profile displays a subset of the attributes stored for a user.
· The language defines in which language applications are displayed for a user. If a language is not explicitly defined for a user in the user profile, then the browser language is used. If the browser language is not set, then the server’s default language is used.
· You can customize which languages are displayed for selection in the user profile. For more information, see Customizing the Set of Available Languages.
· You can extend the standard user profile to include additional attributes. It is possible to define different sets of attributes for administrators and users that are not administrators. This prevents users from seeing attributes that should only be visible to administrators. The attributes are then displayed under the heading Customized Information at the end of the user profile.
To add additional attributes, change the following UME properties:
¡ ume.admin.addattrs – defines additional attributes that are only visible to administrators
¡ ume.admin.self.addattrs – defines additional attributes that are only visible to non-administrators.
After you restart the application server, the attributes are displayed in the user profile in the same order as they appear in the properties and with exactly the same texts. When a user or administrator enters data in these fields, the data is saved to the data source in an attribute with the same name as in user management properties.
Constraint: At present it is not possible to provide translations for these texts.
ume.admin.addattrs=MyNamespace:Room Number;Building;Direct Report
In the user profile under the heading Customized Information, three fields appear with the texts Room Number, Building, and Direct Report. When data is entered and saved in these fields, it gets stored in the LDAP directory or database in attributes with the names Room Number, Building, and Direct Report. Both non-administrators and administrators can display and modify the attributes.
Only administrators see the field with the text Customer Number in the user profile. Non-administrators do not see this field in their user profile.
· Administrators can display and modify the user profiles of any users that they are responsible for in the user management administration console.
· Users can display and modify their own data by launching the Web-based user management administration console.
· In SAP Enterprise Portal, individual users can modify and display only their own user profile using the personalisation functions of the portal. See Portal End User Guide → Personalizing Your Portal.