SAP does not recommend that you reload directly into the original object. Instead, you should create an InfoProvider with the same (or a similar) structure, with update rules between your archived InfoProvider and this new InfoProvider.
Exception: With ODS objects, you can switch on the protection function for the archived area. This enables you to reload data out of the archive administration into the active data table for the ODS object. Also refer to the Time Slots section in Archiving Object.
In order to reload archived files, you need the export DataSource of the archived InfoProvider.
1. To reload archived data into an ODS object of the same structure, in the InfoProvider tree, from the context menu of the archived ODS object, choose Update ODS Data into Data Targets.
2. Choose Full Update as the update mode (only this is supported for archive data) and choose Update. The Scheduler appears.
3. From the Data Selection tab page in the Scheduler, choose your archived file using the Archive Selection pushbutton.
4. Start the load process.
Um archivierte Daten in das strukturgleiche ODS-Objekt zurückzuladen, wählen Sie im InfoProvider-Baum über das Kontextmenü des archivierten ODS-Objekts...
1. In order to reload archived data into an InfoCube with the same structure, in the InfoProvider tree, from the context menu of the archived InfoCube, choose Generate Export DataSource. You will receive a success message when the Export DataSource was generated successfully.
2. Go to the InfoSource tree. Using the main menu, choose Settings → Display the Generated Objects. Choose Show Generated Objects and confirm.
3. Find the generated InfoSource 8<InfoCubeName> for your InfoCube.
4. Create an InfoPackage for this InfoPackage...
5. From the Data Selection tab page in the Scheduler, choose your archived file using the Archive Selection pushbutton.
6. On the Update tab page, select Full Update as the update mode.
7. Start the load process.
You have loaded the archived data into a new InfoProvider and can activate it to create reports with this data.
You can also combine both of your InfoProviders in one MultiProvider to merge the non-archived data with the archived data that you reloaded.
Note: When reloading data into the original object, an inconsistent delta determination may arise for data targets that are subsequently stored. There is also the danger that data is archived more than once.