You want to export the contents of a spool request as a PDF file to a directory of your choice, and print the file as required. The PDF file contains the print data in the format in which it would be output by the printer.
The following procedure is irrelevant for the PDF-based form printing integrated as of SAP Web Application Server 6.40, since a PDF file is already returned. See also Displaying and Printing PDF-Based Forms.
The PDF file is generated as follows with report RSTXPDFT4:
1. Generate a spool request from the document to be printed.
2. In transaction SE38, start report rstxpdft4.
3. In the displayed window, enter the spool request number and the directory in which the PDF file is to be stored.
Leave the Download PDF File option selected.
4. In the next window, you can confirm or change the path in which the file is be stored.
Save your entries.
5. The system displays a log from which you can see whether the report was successfully performed.
You can then open the file from the directory and print it as required.
· The PDF conversion only supports true bar codes for Smart Forms, which were generated with the new bar code technology. In all other cases, the bar code is only simulated.
· PDF conversion, especially of ABAP lists, is slower and is therefore not suitable for mass printing. However, you can speed up the conversion to PDF using the FASTLISTCONV option in report RSTXPDF3.
· The font selection for ABAP lists is predefined in the PDF converter and cannot be changed.
For more information about constraints, see SAP Note 323736 in the SAP Service Marketplace.