1. Using the context menu, select Create InfoObject from your InfoObject catalog for key figures.
2. Enter a name and a description.
3. If necessary, define a reference key figure or a template InfoObject.
Template InfoObject: If you choose a template InfoObject, transfer its properties for your new key figure so that you can then edit them.
Reference key figure: With a reference key figure, the original value is filled from the referenced key figure. However, it is calculated differently with this key figure (either with other aggregations or with Elimination of Internal Business Volume in the query). When creating update rules, a key figure with a reference is not offered. Therefore, it is not possible to create update rules.
4. Confirm your entries.
5. Edit the Tab Page: Type/Unit.
6. Edit the Tab Page: Aggregation.
7. Edit the Tab Page: Additional Properties.
8. If you created your key figure with a reference, then you get the additional tab page, Elimination.
9. Save and activate the key figure you have created.
Key figures have to be activated before they can be used.
Save means that all changed key figures in the InfoObject catalog are created, and that the table entries are saved. Currently, however, they cannot be used for reporting in InfoProviders. For the time being the activated, older version remains here unaltered.
The objects (data elements, domains, and programs) are not created in the data dictionary until after you have activated. Only now do the InfoProviders work with the activated, new version.