You are able to precalculate queries and Web templates in various formats and distribute them via e-mail or publish them in the Enterprise Portal. You can also distribute queries and Web templates as online links.
1. For the precalculation and distribution of queries, choose:
¡ Publish → BEx Broadcaster in the BEx Query Designer
¡ Information Broadcasting in the BEx Web Analyzer or in ad-hoc analysis
For the precalculation and distribution of Web templates in the Web Application Designer, choose Publish → BEx Broadcaster.
You are also able to call the BEx Broadcaster from other areas (see Call the BEx Broadcaster) and then you can select the desired query or the desired Web template for broadcasting:
a. Choose Web Template Settings or Query Settings.
b. Select the desired Web template or the desired query.
c. Choose Transfer.
2. Choose Create New Setting.
If you want to work with the Broadcasting wizard, which supports you when you are creating a Broadcast setting by offering step-by-step instructions, select Create New Setting with Wizard.
3. Enter a description for the broadcast setting.
4. Choose whether you want to send the query or the Web template by email or whether you want to publish it in the portal. For more information about the relevant setting options in the associated tab pages, see Sending by E-Mail and Exporting into the Enterprise Portal.
5. Choose your desired output format:
¡ Standalone HTML File
The system generates a MHTML file. All components of the complete HTML page are contained in one file. Use this output format when you are generating one individual document and sending it by e-mail or exporting it to the portal. The recipient will not be able to navigate in the generated file.
¡ HTML with Separate MIME Files
The components of the HTML page are generated by the system in individual files. Use this output format if you want to generate several documents with various filter settings from the same query or the same Web template. The recipient can navigate between the various filter views for the query or Web application.
¡ Online Link to Current Data
The system generates a URL for the current navigational state of the query or Web application. The recipients can call up the query or Web application and navigate in it.
6. If you want to distribute the precalculated query or the precalculated Web template as a ZIP file, select ZIP file.
If you have chosen HTML with Separate MIME Files as the output format and want to send the document by e-mail, you have to generate it as a ZIP file.
7. If you have selected an HTML file as the output format, you can make various settings in the General Precalulation tab page. If you have selected an online link as the output format, the following settings options are available to you in the General Link Generation tab page. For more information about the different settings options, see General Settings for Precalculation and the Creation of Links.
8. If you would like to generate several documents with various filter settings from the same query or Web application, then select the Filter Navigation tab page and make the desired settings. For more information, see Filter Navigation.
9. Where necessary, check your settings and choose Save.
10. Enter a technical name for the broadcast setting and select Transfer. The new setting appears in the overview in the upper area of the BEx Broadcaster.
11. If you would like to distribute the broadcast setting for the query or Web application immediately, select Execute. A new browser window appears that displays the processing status of the broadcast setting. If you would like to close the window, choose Cancel.
If you want to distribute the broadcast setting for the query or Web application at a specific time or when data is changed, select Schedule. For more information about scheduling broadcast settings, see Scheduling Broadcast Settings.
You have generated and distributed a query or a Web application as an online link or as a precalculated file, according to the chosen settings.
Once you have precalculated and distributed a query it is displayed as a table with a navigation block (according to the filters selected). From a technical viewpoint, the query is embedded in the Standard Web Template for Query Precalculation (0QUERY_TEMPLATE_BROADCASTING) which you define in Customizing under SAP Reference IMG → SAP NetWeaver → SAP Business Information Warehouse → Reporting-relevant Settings → BEx Web → Determine Standard Web Templates. Here you are also able to determine another Web template, for example with your company logo on it, as the Standard Web Template for Query Precalculation.
The broadcast setting is listed in the upper area of the BEx Broadcaster screen. There you can see all of the broadcast settings that were created for this query or Web application. If you would like to edit or delete a broadcast setting, choose Edit or Delete in the context menu for the corresponding setting.