SAP NetWeaver provides an open integration and application platform and permits the integration of the Enterprise Services Architecture. You can unify business processes across technological boundaries, integrate applications for your employees as needed, and access and edit simple information easily and in a structured manner.
SAP NetWeaver is the basis for all SAP solutions on a given hardware. The business applications and the SAP xApps use the key areas of SAP NetWeaver as shown in the following graphic.
SAP NetWeaver is designed to support the Microsoft .NET™ and IBM WebSphere standards.
SAP NetWeaver covers the following topics and components:
¡ Multi-channel access
¡ Business Intelligence
¡ Knowledge Management
¡ Master Data Management
¡ Integration Broker
¡ Business Process Management
¡ Business Services
¡ DB and OS abstraction
¡ SAP Knowledge Warehouse
¡ Software Change Management
¡ System Management
You can send your feedback about the SAP NetWeaver documentation to the following e-mail address: email@example.com
· For more information on release restrictions for SAP NetWeaver ’04, see SAP Note 707730.
· For more information about the configuration of the SAP NetWeaver components, see SAP NetWeaver Configuration.
· For more information for developers, see sdn.sap.com/sdn/developersguide.sdn.
· For more information about installing the NetWeaver components, see service.sap.com/instguides → SAP NetWeaver → Release 04.
· For more information about new features in SAP NetWeaver ’04, see Release Notes for SAP NetWeaver `04.
· SAP Note 701097 contains additional information about corrections to the documentation after shipment.