This function enables you to check your business partner(s) against any new or changed sanctioned party lists (SPLs). You update SPLs due to additions or changes to official SPLs supplied by your data provider or a government agency.
● You have checked all the business partners against the entire SPL data. This is essential, as this function only involves an SPL update screening and therefore does not include all the SPL data.
● You have performed the periodic SPL check for any blocked partners. This process begins when you either manually change at least one entry in the SPL master data or you have uploaded an update file from a data provider to your SPL master data.
The system only performs the SPL check against the new SPL data that was uploaded as an update to the SPL master data and not against the entire SPL master data, as the business partners have already been checked against the SPL master data.
1. To start SPL screening for business partners, go to the area menu for SAP GTS and choose SAP Compliance Management ® Sanctioned Party List Screening ® Logistics ® Sanctioned Party List Screening ® Check Against Updated Sanctioned Party Lists ® Check Business Partner Addresses (Dialog).
2. If you do not enter any restrictions in the subsequent selection screen, the system includes the full sanctioned party list master data in the SPL screening. This is a very performance-intensive process. The most important entry is on the Sanctioned Party List tab page. Here you must enter the date of the SPL update in the field view Timeframe of SPL Update. This is essential, as the system does not automatically recognize the date on which new or changed data was added to the SPL data. The date of the SPL update therefore specifies the relevant SPL data.
3. You can also select business partners in the Business Partner tab page for SPL screening. To do so, use their external numbers.
4. When you click Execute, the system only checks the business partners that you have released for further business transactions in SAP Global Trade Services (SAP GTS). Therefore, partners with the status Blocked or To Be Checked are not checked against the SPL update data. This would result in only a partial SPL check and the system would otherwise release partners who feature in SPLs in the SPL master data.
The update check program does not allow you to check business partners that are not already released against the SPL data. You can only perform the SPL checks for blocked business partners against the entire SPL database.
1. To start SPL screening for business partners in the background, go to the area menu for SAP GTS and choose SAP Compliance Management ® Sanctioned Party List Screening ® Logistics ® Sanctioned Party List Screening ® Check Against Updated Sanctioned Party Lists ® Check Business Partner Addresses (Batch).
2. Proceed as described for dialog processing. You can access the results of the SPL screening in the log.
An update to the SPL master data involves uploading a new XML file of sanctioned party list data from one of your data providers or manually creating or modifying SPL master data. If, for example, you upload a new XML file to your SPL master data on August 11, 2005, you have to perform SPL screening for your business partners and customs documents. You therefore enter August 11, 2005 as the start date of the SPL update. The system then determines all the SPL entities that were created or changed on this date. If you want to select all the SPL data that has been created or changed since this date, you have to enter August 11, 2005 as the From date for the SPL update and December 31, 9999 (for example) as the To date.
For more examples of situations where you can use this process, see the field help documentation for Date of SPL Update.