You need to screen your business partner addresses against sanctioned party lists (SPLs). You can do this by uploading them automatically to the system. For this purpose, your data provider must supply you with the lists in XML format. The advantage of this function is that you do not have to enter each SPL entity in the system manually.
You can also upload sanctioned party lists using SAP Exchange Infrastructure (SAP XI).
● You have created an XML file that contains the relevant data and is stored in the appropriate structure. These file are available from various data providers.
● You have also created data providers as business partners in SAP GTS.
1. To upload SPL data automatically, choose SAP Compliance Management ® Sanctioned Party List Screening ® Master Data ® Sanctioned Party Lists ® Load Sanct. Party Lists from XML File.
2. Enter the selection criteria in the initial screen. The mandatory input fields include:
a. Legal Regulation
b. Type of List
c. Data Provider
The data provider must exist as a business partner in SAP GTS. For more information, see Business Partner Maintenance in SPL Screening.
d. Path for XML File
You can upload the XML file from your local computer or a server in the network. Specify the relevant file path in the respective field.
3. When the SPL data is uploaded, the system performs a plausibility check to ensure that the data is consistent and contains no formal errors. If any discrepancies are identified in a data record, the system will not upload the relevant SPL record to the system.
In addition to entering data in the mandatory fields, you can also choose in the field view Processing Mode whether or not you want to generate comparison indexes during the upload. If you select this flag, the system updates your comparison indexes. You should make sure your comparison indexes are always up to date, as they represent the foundation of SPL screening. In this case, the system generates the indexes for comparing names and addresses immediately after the SPL data has been uploaded. The system converts the SPL entries according to the Customizing settings for phonetics, delimiters, excluded texts, aliases and normalization before it is posted to the database. This way, the SPL check can be performed more efficiently.
However, it is advisable first to update the SPL and then generate the comparison index manually. For more information, see Generating Comparison Indexes.
4. After executing the function, the system displays a list of all the master data contained in the XML file.
5. You can immediately upload all of the consistent data to the system and the system writes it to the SPL database.
6. Call up the details of any inconsistent data to enable you to postprocess it. Note that only consistent data can be uploaded as SPL master data.
1. To search for update logs, choose SAP Compliance Management ® Sanctioned Party List Screening ® Master Data ® Sanctioned Party Lists ® Search Update Logs.
2. Choose Execute. The system displays a results table containing all the logs of data uploads to the SPL master data. You may, of course, enter restrictions if you only want to display logs for one particular legal regulation or data provider, for example.
3. To display information about a particular upload in the results table, choose the Log symbol in the table. The system then displays the log details.