This function enables you to create, change and display business partners for SAP Global Trade Services (SAP GTS). These may be persons, organizations or groups of organizations with whom your company has dealings in global trade business transactions. In addition to initial and periodic transfers of business partner master data from your feeder system(s), you need to create new and edit existing business partner master data for functions that are available in some of the SAP GTS services. These business partners may be customs offices (SAP Customs Management), data providers (SAP Compliance Management) or banks (SAP Risk Management - Letter of Credit).
You must assign roles to these business partners when you create them in SAP GTS.
You have completed the following activities in the Implementation Guide (IMG) for SAP Global Trade Services (SAP GTS):
· Define number ranges for business partners
· Define and assign partner functions
· Activate business partners for the ‘SPL Screening’ service
Customer and vendor data is usually transferred from the feeder system to SAP Global Trade Services (SAP GTS), where it cannot be changed. You can, however, maintain government agencies (who are responsible for the creating sanctioned party lists) and the data providers (who supply you with the sanctioned party list data) centrally in SAP GTS.
· You can create a new business partner or edit a business partner you transferred from your feeder system in the relevant service by choosing from the area menu Classification/Master Data ® Business Partner ® Edit Business Partners.
· You can create a new person, organization or group by choosing the appropriate pushbuttons in the menu bar.
· You then assign a role by choosing one from the dropdown list in the field Create in BP Role. The roles for persons, organizations and groups depend on the partner functions you define in your Customizing settings.
· You can also select an external or internal grouping, depending on whether the business partner came from a feeder system or was created in SAP GTS.
· Then you can enter the address data and other administrative data. For more information, see the field help.
· In the tab page Status, you can select the checkbox Archiving Flag to ensure this business partner is archived. To block all business transactions with this partner, select the checkbox Not Released. If you select the checkbox Central Block, the business partner is only excluded from specific business processes. For more information, see the field help.
· You can display details on an existing business partner by selecting Business Partner in the Find field of the Search tab page.
¡ You can then specify whether the system is to search by search term, external number or internal number.
¡ Then choose Start.
¡ The system displays a list of business partners from which you can select the partner you want by double-clicking.
¡ For more information on the partner, choose from the tab pages available.