The inbound delivery is a document containing all the data required for triggering and monitoring the complete inbound delivery process. This process starts on receipt of the goods in the yard and ends on transferal of the goods at the final putaway, production or outbound delivery.
The inbound delivery is used as a working object in the inbound delivery process.
You use this document in delivery processing when executing the following actions:
● Registering the delivery in the yard
● Unloading the delivery
● Canceling the “unloading of the delivery”
● Placing the delivery into stock (putaway)
● Canceling the “delivery putaway”
● Adjusting the delivery quantity to the quantity posted in the goods receipt (in case of overdelivery or underdelivery.
● Adjusting the delivery quantity and the transferred quantity
In this case, the delivery quantity is adjusted to the quantity posted in the goods receipt. The quantity in the inbound delivery notification is also adjusted and a new inbound delivery is created.
● Posting a goods movement
● Canceling a goods movement
● Creating items
● Deleting items
You can save, validate and delete an inbound delivery.
For a description of the structure, see Documents in Delivery Processing.
The inbound delivery is created after activating an inbound delivery notification. The inbound delivery adopts all the relevant data from the inbound delivery notification.
The execution of the actions depends on the settings in the Post Processing Framework (PPF).