Mobile Asset Management for Utilities
Mobile Asset Management for Utilities (MAU) allows a platform-independent processing of plant maintenance and customer service processes, using mobile terminals. MAU is a mobile office application, which uses assigned scenarios to support field service employees and technicians in their daily, on-site work. Integrating Enterprise Asset Management (EAM) and SAP Utilities (IS-U/CCS) allows field service employees to work with internal orders (within their own technical installation) and on-site. MAU groups the customer data from IS-U/CCS and SAP EAM in a mobile application.
This makes it easier to process customer messages and orders:
· Field service technicians can use the mobile device to gain customer information on-site.
· The application supports data recovery and data creation on-site.
· Field data reliability is improved.
· MAU reduces work and errors in the back office.
· The MAU application improves service quality.
Mobile Asset Management for Utilities (MAU) includes the following processes from the Mobile Asset Management (MAM) component:
· Order processing
· Notification processing
· Stock processing
· Technical object maintenance
In addition, MAU also contains the following processes that are specific to the utilities industry:
· Device installation / removal / replacement
· Meter reading
· Disconnection / reconnection / collection for utility installations
· Customer-specific processes
For further information, see the SAP Service Marketplace, under http://service.sap.com/instguides → SAP Solutions for Mobile Business → MAM for Utilities.