Creating and Transmitting a Summarized JIT Call
This process describes how to procure materials from a vendor using a JIT call.
Your material must be assigned to a storage location.
- You have entered a vendor and if necessary you have maintained the corresponding partner functions for this vendor (the standard partner function LF is available).
- You have created a scheduling agreement for your material and your vendor, the storage location of which displays the same storage location as your material:
- You have created a schedule line for this scheduling agreement. Even when you do not want to send it to the vendor, you have to create a schedule line, in order to be able to post the goods receipt at a later date.
- You have set the KANBAN indicator 'Y' (for summarized JIT calls) for your item(s) in the scheduling agreement.
- In the scheduling agreement you have transferred the corresponding partner functions from the vendor.
- If you want to group the requirements according to delivery date, then you need to define a time definition in Customizing for KANBAN, which you then enter in the JIT call profile. For grouping using exact times you have defined a shift sequence; for grouping using days you have established a planning calendar.
- You have defined an appropriate JIT call profile in Customizing for KANBAN. It includes the following entries:
- You have entered the JIT call type summarized JIT call.
- You have entered a partner function. You need the partner function in order to group calls and for message determination.
- If necessary, you have established the grouping according to plant or to plant and loading point (via Summary).
- If you group according to delivery date, then you have also entered a time definition.
- In Customizing for KANBAN you have defined a replenishment strategy to create a summarized JIT call (corresponding control type).
- You have created a supply area in the Kanban application for the above mentioned Kanban storage location. If necessary you have defined an unloading point in this supply area.
- In the kanban application you have created a control cycle for your supply area and your material. This control cycle contains the defined replenishment strategy, the data for external procurement (e.g. scheduling agreement number) and the JIT call profile (on the tabstrip Flow control).
If necessary you must also make scheduling entries in the control cycle. Please also read the section
To group material requirements, please also seeGrouping Kanbans to a Summarized JIT Call.
You can transmit the message at various times:
- You transmit the summarized JIT call directly on creating it.
- You start regular output runs which define which summarized JIT calls you have to transmit.
- You test yourself which summarized JIT calls you have to transmit.
For the last two options you create a list of messages with help from selection criteria. You can transmit the desired message from this list to the vendor. See also
You determine the time of the output in Customizing on creating a Message type under Default values in the field Time.