Posting Bill of Exchange Presentation
You have maintained the settings in the Implementation Guide (IMG) for Financial Accounting underBusiness Transactions → Bill of Exchange Transactions → Bill of Exchange Receivable → Present Bill of Exchange at Bank.
You can also enter these same settings from the Banking Menu Input → Bill of exchange presentation.
You can define a transaction variant so that the fields already contain values. In the Implementation Guide choose Financial Accounting → Banking-Related Accounting → Business Transactions → Bill of Exchange Transactions → Bill of Exchange Receivable → Present Bill of Exchange Receivable at Bank → Define User-Specific Settings.
Only bills of exchange whose due dates lie within the set time period are taken into account.
The system displays a list of the paying company codes. The status of the bill of exchange is displayed, as follows:
- Amber light: Selected bills of exchange that can be processed further
- Red light: Selected bills of exchange that cannot be processed further
- Green light: Selected bills of exchange assigned to a bank
- Choose Bill of exchange presentation → House bank assignment.
- On the Bank Assignment Methods screen, choose the preferred method, (for example: Assign a bill of exchange directly to a bank) and then choose Continue.
- Enter the bill of exchange usage (for example, Collection).
The fixed value date and charges are dependent on bill of exchange usage.
Enter house bank ID and account ID and choose Continue.
The system displays the List of Bills of Exchange screen once more.
- Choose Bill of Exchange Presentation → Calculation of fees, and enter the date when the bill of exchange was presented.
This date is the starting point for calculation of the value date.
Choose Continue to return to the list of bills of exchange to be presented.
- Select tab Post and make entries in the active fields in the following areas:
- Post Bill of Exchange Presentation
- Print bill of exchange
- Create DME file
- To post the returned bill of exchange, save your entries.
Depending on which field you selected, the system either posts the returned bill of exchange immediately or it creates a batch input session.