A special type of profit center group. The standard hierarchy is a tree structure that contains all profit centers belonging to a controlling area and that reflects the organizational structure used in Profit Center Accounting.
The steps below are based on the following assumptions:
● You portray Profit Center Accounting within new General Ledger Accounting using the Profit Center Update scenario.
● The enterprise organization in the controlling area is not active.
1. Create the name of the standard hierarchy in Customizing for Financial Accounting (New) under General Ledger Accounting (New) → Master Data → Profit Center → Define Profit Center Standard Hierarchy in Controlling Area.
2. There are two places where you can create or change the structure of the standard hierarchy:
○ In the application menu for General Ledger Accounting under Master Data → Profit Center → Standard Hierarchy → Create/Change.
○ In Customizing for Financial Accounting (New) under General Ledger Accounting (New) → Master Data → Profit Center → Define Standard Hierarchy.
3. You create the profit centers and assign them to different nodes in the standard hierarchy. There are two ways of doing this:
a. You create a profit center using individual processing. In the Hierarchy Area field, enter the name of the node to which you want to assign a profit center. For more information on individual processing, see Creating, Changing, and Deleting Profit Centers (Individual Processing).
b. You create a profit center from within the standard hierarchy. To do this, choose Change Standard Hierarchy. Position the cursor on the node to which you want to assign the profit center, and then choose Create Profit Center. You edit the profit center in the detail area in much the same way as in individual processing (see a).
If you opt for approach b, statuses cannot be edited in the detail area. Instead, you have to mark the corresponding objects for activation or mark inactive versions for deletion in the selection area. This procedure enables you to edit profit centers collectively.