Configuring the Closing Cockpit
The Closing Cockpit enables you to create a structured interface for executing transactions and programs that form part of complex processes, such as closing processes. The structural layout supports processes within an organizational structure, such as within the company code, as well as scenarios affecting multiple organizational structures.
The Closing Cockpit can be used as a tool in particular in cases where
· Activities recur periodically
· More than one person responsible are involved
· The activities are performed within a process that has a fixed chronological sequence or is determined by dependencies
· The activities need to be supported by a shared, uniform interface for all involved
· The status of all periodic activities needs to be documented and made transparent and available for all involved
The Closing Cockpit enables you to optimize your process flows by using its event-driven organization of activities, its overview and monitoring options, as well as its analysis tools, all of which cover the entire process.
To support the closing process, the Closing Cockpit offers the following structural objects:
· Hierarchies to display the organizational objects involved in the closing process
· A task list template based on the organizational structure
· A detail view of the characteristic values of the individual hierarchy levels used in the task list template.
· Task lists that are derived from the task list template
· A list display in which all tasks to be managed or executed from the respective task list are made available for processing or for monitoring task progress
· A monitor that shows a graphical representation of the critical paths as well as the processing periods and processing sequence with their respective dependencies
· Detailed information about the technical settings of tasks as well as for analyzing background programs (spool, job log information)
· Dependencies for displaying the conditions representing a prerequisite for processing the individual tasks
For tasks to be included in the Closing Cockpit, all transactions required for the process to be represented (including Z transactions, for example) need to be specified in table SCMATRANSACT. All programs to be applied must be registered in table SCMAPROGRAMS.
For information about including customer-specific programs in the Closing Cockpit, see SAP Note 325118
The following figure and sections provide an overview of the different configuration options that are possible and the sequence in which the individual configuration steps need to be performed.
· To be able to use the Closing Cockpit for automatic processes, you need to have configured it. For the configuration, you make the following settings:
¡ You assign tasks to the task list template (subfolders, transactions, programs, flow definitions, notes)
¡ You define dependencies using preceding activities
¡ You derive a task list and release it for the application
To make these settings, go to the SAP Easy Access screen and choose Accounting à Financial Accounting à General Ledger à Periodic Processing à Closing à Closing Cockpit (Manage Templates and Task Lists)(transaction CLOCOC).
· To apply the Closing Cockpit, go to the SAP Easy Access screen and choose Accounting à Financial Accounting à General Ledger à Periodic Processing à Closing à Closing Cockpit (transaction CLOCO).
Process flow for configuring the Closing Cockpit: