The J2EE Engine Visual Administrator is a graphical user interface (GUI) that enables administration of all cluster elements and all modules running on them. It provides remote monitoring and management of managers, services, libraries, and interfaces working on each element in a single GUI.
● The JAVA_HOME environment variable of the user who runs the administration tool (for example, <sapsid>adm) contains the path to the Java Development Kit (JDK) of the J2EE Engine.
● In UNIX platforms, the DISPLAY environment variable is set to <host_name>:0.0, where <host_name> is the host on which the administration tool is displayed.
Visual Administrator enables:
· Obtaining general information about a service, manager, interface, or library (for example, its name, group, and so on)
· Logging on to the J2EE Engine via the Visual Administrator tool
· Administrating and changing the properties either specific or common for each service or manager
· Configuring the global properties
· Runtime administration and control
To start the Visual Administrator, perform the following:
● On UNIX platforms, enter on the command line /usr/sap/<SAPSID>/<Instance_Name>/j2ee/admin/go.sh
● On Windows platforms, run <Drive>:\usr\sap\<SAPSID>\<Instance_Name>\j2ee\admin\go.bat