Sales Area Data
Data created for specific sales areas for use in the relevant business transactions.
In this data set, you can define customer groups for pricing and statistical purposes (for example, wholesale or retail trade).
The customer groups defined here are used as default data in CRM business transactions and can be overwritten.
Similarly, you can group business partners for the payment guarantee procedure and incompleteness check.
In this data set, you enter default data for the sales order concerning how products are to be shipped.
You can specify the following:
● The appropriate Incoterms so that goods are dispatched correctly. More details can be entered in the second Incoterms field.
● Delivery priority and shipping conditions.
● Whether partial deliveries are possible. The Delivery Control Item field controls partial deliveries at item level and allows you to choose between different partial delivery agreements.
● Whether sales transactions can be combined during delivery creation.
● Whether unlimited overdelivery is allowed.
● If unlimited tolerance is not indicated, you can specify percentage amounts (in relation to the amount ordered) that are acceptable as overdelivery.
In this data set, you enter default data for billing:
● The customer determination procedure defines which pricing procedure should be used as a basis for the sales document. It cannot be changed in the document.
● The exchange rate type and the currency in which the settlement is carried out with the customer or the vendor.
● Terms of payment in the form of cash discount percentage rates and payment deadlines. The key is used in orders, purchase orders and invoices. It is generally defaulted but can be overwritten manually.
● The price group, the group of customers for whom the same pricing requirements apply
● The price list type. This puts together price lists with the same features (for example, wholesale trade or retail trade).
● The customer group (specific customer group for pricing and statistical purposes).
● The billing plan procedure. It is used to determine the billing plan type for the business partner concerned.
● The excise tax handling type and source of excise tax rates.
● The account assignment group. It is used by the system to create an accounting document from a billing document for determining the sales account or sales reduction account.
● Direct Billingindicator. This specifies whether a dealer's shipments require an invoice immediately to accompany the shipment.
● Split Invoice by Condition indicator. This indicates whether a separate invoice should be created for service parts and used part deposit:
○ To produce separate invoices for the service parts and the used part deposit the system creates two different items in the billing due list.
○ The system creates two billing documents for the same bill-to partner.
Complaints and Returns
The Information to Carrier indicator allows you to specify whether the customer will notify the carrier themselves when returning materials. If not, shipping information sent by the customer will automatically and immediately trigger the carrier notification to the identified carrier.
You can also indicate whether the customer must confirm a delivery before shipment.
Follow-Up Action for Rejected New Parts/Used Parts
If the warehouse decides that the returned parts from a claim item are not in useful condition, information is needed as to how to proceed with these parts. Therefore a value limit is defined and two instructions as to what should be done if the item value is higher or lower than this value limit (scrap at warehouse, return to customer without consultation, or consult customer). These three control parameters are copied to the claim header. It is possible to overwrite these values at header level.
This data is used for information purposes. The entries must correspond to the sales area selected:
● Sales office. This is a location such as branch office responsible for the sales and distribution of certain products and services in a particular geographical area. Purchasing groups can be formed within a sales office.
● Purchasing group. Group of sales employees responsible for the sales and distribution of specific products and services.
Available-To-Promise (Availability Check)
For more information about the availability check fields, see Controlling the ATP Check in the Sales Order.
Blocking reasons for transactions, delivery, and billing
For more information, see Central Status (Block).
Referenced Data from Reference Business Partner
A reference business partner can be used as a basis for creating sales area data for consumers, enabling the data to be defaulted for sales, shipping, billing, status, and organization, depending on your settings in Customizing. You can retain this data or choose to create your own.
Using this option entails the following:
● You have defined a reference business partner in Customizing for Customer Relationship Management, by choosing Master Data → Business Partner → Basic Settings → Maintain Reference Business Partner for Consumers.
● You have created the appropriate sales area data for the reference business partner.
● You have created the business partner (individual) with the role Consumer.
Using a reference business partner enables you to enter data more efficiently and more quickly when dealing with a large number of consumers, such as in a call center.
Sales areas are defined in Organizational Management.
To use your internal organizational units in business transactions, they must be available as business partners. You can make settings for the integration of organizational management with business partners in Customizing for Customer Relationship Management, by choosing Master Data → Business Partner → Integration Business Partner - Organizational Management.
Was this page helpful to you?
Do you have any additional feedback?If you want us to get back to you, please enter your email address.
The following content is not part of SAP product documentation. For more information, see the following disclaimer .
Use the SAP Community Network (SCN) to find additional help content, such as discussions and blogs. You can also ask questions and get help from experts there. To explore available contributions, click Search contribution in SCN.
Experts can share their tips in the "Discuss this page" section below.