You can use this business process to determine how satisfied your customers are with your company. It enables you, as a provider of products and services, to conduct a survey among your customers to determine their satisfaction. Additionally, you determine the loyalty of your customers towards your company. The level of customer loyalty can be established, for instance, by asking customers whether they would recommend your company to others. Besides the information that you can obtain directly through a survey, you can also find out indirectly what your customers attach greatest importance to, for example the price or quality of your products or the service you provide.
1. Create questionnaire and determine target group for survey (SAP CRM)
You create a questionnaire and the target group for your customer satisfaction and loyalty survey. You use the Survey Tool to create the questionnaire and the Segment Builder to create the target group for the survey.
For information about what content to include in a questionnaire concerning customer satisfaction and loyalty, see the methodology paper in the SAPNet under alias crm-analytics ® Customer Analytics.
2. Send questionnaire as part of marketing campaign (SAP CRM)
As part of a marketing campaign, you send the questionnaire to the customers in the target group.
3. Customer completes the questionnaire and returns it
4. System updates questionnaire and survey results (SAP CRM)
The questionnaire and the survey results are entered into SAP CRM, and SAP CRM updates the data in the Survey Tool.
5. System updates questionnaire and survey data (SAP BW)
You transfer the survey data into SAP BW by means of data extraction. To do this, you can use the Business Content delivered for the Web Survey.
Transferring the survey data entails two steps:
¡ Transfer questionnaire master data
¡ Transfer survey results (transaction data)
6. Calculate importance of subareas (SAP BW)
If your questionnaire contains questions concerning overall satisfaction and satisfaction with subareas (as described in the methodology paper mentioned above), you can calculate in SAP BW the importance accorded by customers to the different subareas. This calculation is made using an analysis process.
7. Determine the customer satisfaction index and the customer loyalty indexes (SAP BW)
You can do this by using a query in SAP BW.
8. Transfer analytical results (SAP CRM)
9. Analyze survey results (SAP BW)
You use queries or Web templates in SAP BW to analyze the survey results.
10. System updates the satisfaction data (SAP CRM)
You can deploy the insights gained in SAP BW to perform actions in SAP CRM that target unsatisfied customers (such as customers with a particular customer satisfaction index).