Collaboration Projects (cProjects) is a cross-industry tool you use to plan and monitor development and consultant projects.
Using the appropriate method for implementing innovative ideas plays an important role in development projects. For this purpose there are different approaches in various industries, such as APQP (Advanced Product Quality Planning) in the automotive industry. Such approaches have also been accepted by internationally recognized standards such as QS 9000. However, other industries have also developed suitable methodologies to simplify internal processes, close the quality loop, and reduce nonconformity costs.
Collaboration Projects (cProjects) supports the product development process for these methodologies – from planning through product and process approval to external communication with partners or customers. With cProjects you can:
· Increase customer satisfaction
· Deliver quality products on time with the lowest possible costs
· Reduce nonconformity costs by recognizing necessary changes early on
· Improve communication and decision making processes
· Increase the transparency of projects
Project resource planning plays an important role in consulting projects. The project leader can define required qualifications for project roles and assign tasks to the various project roles. The system helps the resource manager staff project roles by searching for persons according to qualification, organizational assignment, project experience, and availability. With cProjects you can:
· Plan, structure, and monitor projects efficiently
· Optimally staff resources for the individual project phases
· Achieve greater customer satisfaction
· Increase transparency between internal and external project members
· Optimize communication channels by supporting cooperation between project team members and partners using the Web
You can use the project planning function even before you have signed a contract with the customer. Once the contract has been signed, the project leader can assign documents and checklists for status monitoring to the project.
Along with the planning, monitoring, and documentation of the development and consulting project you require a qualified storage and administration environment for all data belonging to the project. cProjects encapsulates all of the objects used and offers you a central access point for displaying, managing, and monitoring all project-relevant objects.
cProjects is based on an SAP Web Application Server (SAP Basis System 6.20) and is a stand-alone application you can implement for development projects, independent of other SAP or non-SAP components. You can also install cProjects on an SAP CRM 4.0 system, without making any modifications. This is what SAP recommends if you want to use cProjects for consulting projects.
Application users require a Web browser for the user interface and access the system using an intranet or the Internet. In order to administer and customize the system you must log on with an SAP GUI (SAP GUI for Windows, SAP GUI for HTML, or SAP GUI for Java).
The component offers close integration with cFolders. For more information, see the cFolders documentation. You can access it directly in the application.
In addition, the application offers interfaces for linking to business objects in non-SAP systems or in other SAP systems, for example, SAP R/3 objects.
This component offers:
· Creation of project templates for methodology-based approval of development processes
· Flexible project structures for adapting to various requirements
· Consolidation or assignment of cross-department project teams, whereby project members can have different roles and different access authorizations
· Object-specific authorizations
· Flexible resource planning according to qualification, organizational assignment, and availability
· Definition of phases and stipulation of phase results in the form of checklists
· Planning of approvals (quality gates) to guarantee project progress
· Tasks with characteristics such as duration, person responsible, and relationships
· Assignment of person responsible for each project element, for example, phases, tasks, or checklist items
· Graphical maintenance of dates and relationships
· Manual or system-supported scheduling of phases and tasks
· Integrated document management system
· Accounting Integration
· Connection to Microsoft Project
· Planning and assignment of required business objects
· cFolders as an integrated, Web-based platform for cooperation in work groups distributed around the globe
· Control plan
· Risk analysis based on risk priority numbers
· Evaluations based on key figures with alert functions and connection to the SAP Business Information Warehouse (SAP BW)