Characteristics whose metadata and master data is determined by an InfoObject in the Tool BI system.
Examples of custom characteristics include region, profit center, branch office, and business area.
Custom characteristics are used in the same way as all other characteristics in Bank Analyzer (For more information, see General Information About Characteristics.)
Before you can use custom characteristics in the core Bank Analyzer system or in the Tool BI system, you have to work through the following steps:
1. Create an InfoArea in the Tool BI system.
2. Create an InfoObject catalog for custom characteristics in the Tool BI system.
3. Register the InfoObject catalog of the Tool BI system in the core Bank Analyzer system. You do this in Customizing for Bank Analyzer by choosing Basic Settings ® Edit Global Settings for Characteristics and Key Figures.
4. Create InfoObjects in the Tool BI system.
You can choose any names for the InfoObjects; we recommend assigning separate prefixes to the individual InfoObjects so that you can tell them apart.
5. Register the characteristics of the Tool BI system in the core Bank Analyzer system. You do this in Customizing for Bank Analyzer by choosing Basic Settings ® Settings for Meta Data ® Characteristics ® Register Characteristics. Custom characteristics in the core Bank Analyzer system have the prefix /BIC/ or /1FB/, or no prefix.
You can display custom characteristics in the Enhanced Overview in the characteristic monitor. Unlike local and fixed characteristics, you cannot edit custom characteristics in the characteristic monitor.
Custom characteristics are created in the Tool BI system as InfoObjects with metadata and master data. Local and fixed characteristics are created in the core Bank Analyzer system. Their InfoObjects and master data have to be replicated in the Tool BI system.
Time-Dependent Master Data for Custom Characteristics
The master data entered for custom characteristics in the Tool BI system is not time-dependent. To enter time-dependent master data, proceed as follows:
1. In Customizing for Bank Analyzer, create an InfoObject that will denote the validity of a characteristic value by choosing Basic Settings ® Settings for Meta Data ® Technical Fields ® Automatically Create/Register Technical Fields. Set the Validity of a Char. Value indicator. The technical name BA_VALID has already been entered and cannot be changed. Once the activity has been carried out, the InfoObject BA_VALID is created in BI.
2. Enter InfoObject BA_VALID as an attribute for all the InfoObjects for which time-dependent master data is to be entered.
a. To do so, choose the InfoObject in BI.
b. On the Master Data/Texts tab page, set the With Master Data indicator.
c. On the Attributes tab page, enter InfoObject BA_VALID and set the Time-Dependent indicator.
d. Save your entries and activate the InfoObject.
3. Enter time-dependent master data in the Tool BI system. Do this by choosing the Maintain Master Data pushbutton for the appropriate InfoObject, and then entering a from date, to date, and the appropriate master data. Also set the BA_VALID attribute for this period to X.