The Career and Succession Planning component enables you to create, implement and evaluate succession planning scenarios. In Career Planning, you can identify possible career goals and draw up career plans for employees. You use Succession Planning to find people to fill unoccupied positions. Career and Succession Planning has two main goals. One is to advance employees’ professional development within a company, the other is to ensure that staffing requirements are met.
If Career and Succession Planning is integrated with theQualifications and Requirements component, you can:
- Create profiles for objects. You can include these profiles in Career and Succession Planning.
- You can compare these profiles against each other (to see how suitable a person is for particular positions, for example).
Integration with theDevelopment Plans component gives you the following functionality:
- You can plan and manage your employees’ further training and education
- Suitable development plans for eliminating qualification deficits are proposed automatically
See also the recommendations contained in the Integration section ofPersonal Development.
The Career and Succession Planning component provides you with the following functions:
- You can create
- You can use a whole range of planning criteria when working through career and succession planning scenarios. These planning criteria are independent of each other.
- You can define user parameters to specify whether essential requirements, alternative qualifications or depreciation meter information should be taken into account in career planning scenarios. See
- You can plan for a specific key date.
- To identify career and development goals, you can carry out
- To identify potential successors, you can carry out
- You can work through career and succession planning scenarios without taking careers into account.
- You can display a ranking list for every career and succession planning scenario. This ranking list is sorted on the basis of an object’s suitability. Suitability is expressed as a percentage value.
Suitability percentages should be regarded merely as a criterion for sorting lists.
- You can also define suitability ranges and thus structure the ranking list better (Customizing).
- You can specify how the system should handle overqualification when the suitability percentage is being calculated (Customizing).
- You can display ranking list entries by screen (Customizing setting).
- From the career (or succession) plan you can:
- Access the profiles of all the objects displayed
- Match up profiles with each other
- Evaluate qualification deficits
- Display training proposals and book courses (business events)
- Access careers
- Create preferences and potentials
- In career and succession planning scenarios, you can designate planning objects for positions. You can then include these
- If you have found a suitable position for a person, or if you have selected a person as the successor to a position, you can transfer the person directly to the position in question.