The WM-PP interface supports material staging for production using classickanban production control. Here, you organize the replenishment from the warehouse to production using containers in the production work center. As soon as you set the container to empty in the system, the system triggers Kanban replenishment.
- A separate kanban
In the standard system, storage type 150 is set up as a kanban interim storage area.
- You have defined the kanban replenishment strategy with control type transfer requirements from a storage location controlled by WM in the Customizing for Production under KANBAN ® Replenishment Strategies ®
Kanban replenishment strategy 0006 is defined in the standard delivery and is specially defined for kanban replenishment from a WM-managed warehouse.
- If you want the system to create a transfer order from the transfer requirement automatically, set the indicator Automatic TO creation in the replenishment strategy.
- You have set up a suitable replenishment movement type for kanban in the Customizing for Warehouse Management under Activities ® Transfers ®
Movement type 350 is defined for kanban replenishment in the standard system.
- Movement type 350 is assigned to the interim storage type and the stock transfer movement type for stock transfer from the WM-managed replenishment storage location to the kanban storage location is defined in the Customizing for Warehouse Mangement under Interfaces ®
Movement type 311 is defined as stock transfer movement type in the standard system. The system transfers all stock in the kanban storage type to the kanban storage location using stock transfer movement type 311, since the kanban storage type is specifically assigned to the kanban storage location.
- You have created a kanban control cycle for the material that is to be staged under Production ® Kanban ® Control Cycle ® Create.
The control cycle contains all of the information on the interface between the kanban storage location and the WM-managed storage location.
- The material to be staged is defined for both the kanban storage location (consumer) and the WM storage location (source).
For more information, seeTriggering the Kanban Signal.
The system uses the data on the kanban storage type defined in the control cycle, and the kanban production storage bin in the TR.
The system confirms the TR number to the kanban. You can therefore display the corresponding replenishment TR from the kanban display.
Choose Logistics ® Logistics Execution ® Internal Warehouse Processes ® Transfer Requirement ® Display from the SAP menu.
The following information is then available to you:
- The requirement number consists of the requirement type J (kanban/JIT) and the actual requirement number, which corresponds to the kanban number.
- If the kanban indicator is set, it means that this TR is planned for kanban replenishment.
- The system takes the destination storage type (kanban interim storage type) from the kanban control cycle.
- If the Automatic TO Creation indicator is set, the system creates the corresponding transfer order (TO) when the TR is created.
- You create
If the Automatic TO Creation indicator is set, the system creates the corresponding transfer order (TO) automatically in the background when the TR is created. For further information, seeAutomatic Creation of TOs for Transfer Requirement.
The system updates the kanban in PP and sets the status of the kanban to full.
Alternatively, you can set the kanban to full in production first, which leads the system to confirm the open TO in the background and post the material movement.
If the system cannot confirm the TO in the background, it flags the kanban and you receive an error message. In this case, you confirm the TO manually and then correct the kanban.
Normally, the posting change occurs automatically when the TO is confirmed.
To execute the posting change of the replenishment material manually, choose Logistics ® Logistics Execution ® Internal Whse Processes ® Posting Change ® Direct to Bin Stock ® Posting Change Storage Location to Storage Location.