You can transmit the message to your JIT call at various times. In Customizing for KANBAN enter the dispatch time for the corresponding message under Define message type for summarized JIT call (under Default settings). You have the following options:
- You start regular output runs which define which summarized JIT calls you have to transmit (dispatch time 1 and 2).
- You test yourself which summarized JIT calls you have to transmit (dispatch time 3).
The advantage of this process is that you can choose messages with specific selection criteria via a report and you can transmit these in an operation.
- You transmit the message directly on creating the summarized JIT call. In this case the system always creates a new summarized JIT call (dispatch time 4) on emptying a kanban.
If you have chosen indicator 3, you issue your messages manually:
- Starting in the kanban menu, select JIT call ® Message output.
- Enter the selection criteria to display the message(s) to be issued. You can select the following criteria amongst others:
The screen Messages from JIT calls appears.
- Output type
In this way you receive all messages for the selected output type.
- Transmission medium
- Processing mode
The mode 'First Processing' is given as standard so that the list only contains messages that are being issued for the first time.
- JIT call number
Selects all messages for this JIT call or for these JIT calls.
- Delivery period
Selects all messages within this period.
- Press Execute .
- Mark the message(s) that you would like to transmit.
- Select Edit.
You receive a list with messages according to the criteria entered.
The system issues the selected message(s). If you use EDI or e-mail the system issues the message to the vendor. If you are printing, the system issues the message to the printer, which you have entered on creating the condition record.
You can change the dispatch time after creating the summarized JIT call with Change JIT call ® Change message, if the message has not been issued. Please also read the section