This process provides an overview of the various aspects you must consider when setting up pay slips.
Before running pay slips, you must configure the format and printing of pay slips in Customizing for Payroll: Australia under Forms® Remuneration Statements.
If you are an upgrade customer and process leave based on leave accruals in SAP HR Payroll Australia, you determine whether the pay slips are to be printed before or after the leave batch update that updates leave information. You do this by configuring thefeature Leave Batch Has Run for Pay Area (13LVB). To configure the feature in Customizing for Payroll: Australia, choose Forms ® Remuneration Statements ® Set Up Feature for Leave Batch Update.
If you do not configure the feature accordingly, the leave data printed on pay slips will either double-up on leave entitlement, or not include leave entitlement data for the relevant payroll period.
Leave processing based on Australian leave accruals will be phased out in future releases. It will be replaced by SAP HR Personnel Time Management.
When you configure pay slips, you must consider the following:
- The background of the pay slip form, that is, everything that is to be printed without changes on each single sheet.
- The information that is printed in the same position on each pay slip. This information may include, for example, an employee’s personnel number, name and pay point.
- The use of windows within each form into which data can be printed in a table-like layout. The use of windows within a form cannot be avoided when you print an undetermined amount of similar data.
- The data to be printed in each window. This data is made up of repeated information such as wage types and amounts.
In addition, if you are an upgrade customer and process leave based on Australian leave accruals, you must consider when the pay slips are to be printed. After the payroll run, leave figures are updated in the Leave Entitlements infotype (0005) by creating and processing a leave batch update. Depending on whether the leave batch update program has been run or not, leave data is stored in different parts of the SAP System. To print the correct leave data on pay slips, the pay slips program must retrieve the data from the correct part of the system. You must let the SAP System know when pay slips are to be run by configuring the feature Leave Batch Has Run for Pay Area (13LVB) accordingly.
You may be required to convert some information from codes into texts. You do this using form conversions. In addition to the conversions provided by the standard Forms functions, the SAP HR Payroll Australia component has some additional conversions:
- Printing the job text instead of the code. (Possible use: classification of employee)
- Printing the position text instead of the code
- Converting leave entitlement from hours to days
- Converting leave entitlement from hours to weeks
- Converting leave entitlement from days to weeks
- Printing leave as entitlement plus accrual
- Converting entitlement plus accrual from hours to days
- Converting entitlement plus accrual from hours to weeks
- Converting entitlement plus accrual from days to weeks
See also:Creating Pay Slips