The status bar provides general information on the SAP System and transaction or task you are working on. At the left of the status bar, system messages are displayed. The right end of the status bar contains three fields: one with server information, the other two with status information.
The status fields, shown below, are described from left to right:
- At the far left,
- identifies error messages.
- identifies other system messages.
- To hide (or display) the status fields, choose to their left (or right, respectively).
- To display the following system information, choose in the first status field:
- Response time
- The second status field displays the server to which you are connected.
- The third status field specifies your data entry mode. By clicking this field, you can toggle between the Insert (INS) and Overwrite (OVR) modes. For more information, see