Create Reduced Message Type
Basic types for master data are supplied in the standard SAP System. If you want to reduce the basic types, you can select the segments and fields that you want to distribute. To do this you activate the segments and fields that you require and generate a new message type.
Reduction is carried out for logical message types associated with an IDoc type.
Mandatory segments and mandatory fields cannot be deactivated.
Keep in mind that when you send reduced message types to target systems of Release 3.0 or 3.1 (tRFC ports of type 2), the message type has to be converted.
For further information open the following node
in the IMG structure:
|Reference||Master data objects|
|GLMAST||G/L account master|
|INFREC||Prchasing info record|
|LOIBOM||Bill of material|
|LOINUM||IDoc for the number of IDocs sent|
|LOIRSH||Run schedule header|
|WBBDLD||Replenishment list: Article message|
|WPDCUR||POS Interface: Download exchange rates|
|WPDNAC||POS Interface: Download follow-on items|
|WPDSET||POS Interface: Download set allocations|
|WPDTAX||POS Interface: Download tax rates|
|WPDWGR||POS Interface: Download material group master|
|WP_EAN||POS Interface: Up and download EAN numbers|
|WP_PER||POS Interface: Up and download personnel data|
|WP_PLU||POS Interface: Up and download article master|
- Place the cursor on the segments required and select select.
- Place the cursor on the active segment and click on 'Select' pushbutton.
- Place the cursor on the fields required and select Select.
This is done in the
Activate change pointers generally section of this IMG.
- After you create and activate the message type, you must transport it into the other systems using the standard means of transport.
- You can use the transport request in which you entered the reduction. If this transport request also contains corrections that should not be transported, then you can generate a new transport request in the following point Generate transport request for IDOC type , and have this request contain only the data relevant to the reduced message type. To dispatch the reduced message type you have to create the communications parameters.
- If you want to delete a reduced message type, you must deactivate it in all clients first.