You use material reconciliation to analyze and verify ingredients at the end of a production process.
It allows you to compare the material quantity that actually flowed in with the planned quantity or the quantity of the material produced. Furthermore, other information about the ingredients can be displayed via the movement types.
Reconciliation of the ingredients can ensure that there are no discrepancies outside of the valid range in the relationship between the input and yield.
You can define the goods movements that are to flow into material reconciliation. Movement types that you define yourself can also be used for reconciliation.
- You can choose the components that are to be reconciliated. The components must be classified with reconciliation class 050. You can classify the components in the R/3 classification system.
For more information, see
Results Report for Material Reconciliation
Here you can find information about the following:
- The parameter for the produced quantity (if defined):
- Value of this parameter
- The goods movements assigned to the parameter for the produced material
- The individual components:
- All goods movements assigned to a parameter and used in this production order
- The values of the formula parameters used
- The elements of the calculation according to the definition
- The result of the formula calculation
- Information about whether the result is within the defined interval
- The sum of the materials that are within and outside of the defined interval. This information is transferred back to the PI sheet if you call it up from there.
- All parameter with movement types assigned to them that are used for a production order
If a material appears several times in the material list, all items for this material are reconciliated at the same time. The classification of the first item of a material in the material list is chosen.
Co-products are reconciliated like ingredients.
Messages to the Batch Record (EBR)
If material reconciliation is called up from a PI sheet, a message is sent to the batch record each time it is called up.
This message contains the following information:
Number and material number of the materials that were reconciliated incorrectly
- Name of the user
- Date, time
If the message does not reach the batch record (for example, because some of the goods movements for the order are not yet posted), call up material reconciliation by choosing:
Production-Process ® Process Order ® Tools ® Process Data Document ® Material Reconciliation ® For Process Order
Batch usage with material reconciliation
You can use batch usage for a raw material, for example, to find out into which batch of the semi-finished or finished product this raw material flowed. Furthermore, you can display the material reconciliation for the raw material.
You can display parts of the batch usage separately if, for example, you want to trace the semi-finished and finished product further in the batch process. Position the cursor on the batch and choose Material reconciliation ® New expansion.
Over Documents you can display all individual postings for a batch.
For more information about batch usage, see Batch Where-Used List.
- Choose Production Planning for Process Industries ® Process Order ® Master Data ® Order ® Define Order-Type Dependent Parameters:
- On the detail screen, choose the Implementations tab page for the process order category.
- In the Documentation of goods movements group box, select:
- Planned goods issue
- Unplanned GoodsIssue
- In Customizing, you have made the following settings by choosing Production Planning-Process Industries ® Process Data Documentation ® Material Reconciliation:
- Create formula parameters
- Assign movement types to parameters
- Create formulas
- Material reconciliation is carried out using the standard process instruction category RECON, which must be assigned to the master recipe. This involves a dynamic function call.
- You have created a class of class type 050 (material reconciliation).
- In the master recipe/process order, the components are classified with class type 050 for material reconciliation.
Do not change the process instruction category RECON for material reconciliation. It is to be used in the standard form in which it is delivered.
You can call up material reconciliation
- By choosing Production process ® Process order ® Tools ® Process data documentation ® Material reconciliation ® For process order
- In combination with batch usage for raw material batches by choosing Production Process ® Process order ® Tools ® Process data documentation ® Material reconciliation ® Acc. batch usage.
You can carry out material reconciliation at any time as long as at least one goods movement has been posted for the order.