Printing: Installing a New Printer
The following procedure is only for Ready-to-Run systems.
Ready-to-Run comes with four printer definitions already set up and ready for use from within your SAP Systems or from frontends. If you need to, you can add more printer definitions for printing from the SAP System.
Before installing a new printer, consider the following:
- Set up the printer so that you can print on it from all of your Ready-to-Run servers. After installing a printer on a server you can release it so that other users can access it.
You can also set it up to print from another printer server if you want, for example, to integrate existing print servers into Ready-to-Run.
If you choose to access printers by way of other print servers or PCs, you will need to install the
You must install and define the new printer in both the <DEV> test system and in the <PRD> production system.
- In Output device: A name for the new printer.
- In Short description: Description of the printer
- In Device type:
- Spool server: the server, for example,
These settings correspond to the ones already preconfigured for theLP01 printer in Ready-to-Run systems.
- Save the new printer definition by choosing .
The printer is available for all users in the SAP System.