This authorization object checks access to some Basis functions, for example, spool administration and monitoring.
The object defines one authorization field, System administration functions
. The possible values for this field are:
- NADM: Network administration (SM54, SM55, SM58, SM59)
- PADM: Process administration (SM50, SM51, SM04); intercept
background job (debugging function in background job management, transaction SM37)
- UADM: Update administration (SM13)
- TLCK: Lock/unlock transaction
- MEMO: Set extended memory management quota with report (RSMEMORY)
- COLA: Administration for OLE automation servers and controls
Authorization for spool administration is controlled in two groups of
authorization values. You require authorizations from both groups to execute spool administration.
These groups are:
- SPAD: Authorization for spool administration in all clients
- SPAR: Authorization for client-dependent spool administration
The functions of these values are the same, as the spool administration
objects do not depend on the client. SAP recommends that you only enter the value SPAD.
Without a functional authorization, the SPAD user cannot execute any spool administration functions.
- Functional authorization:
- SPAA: Authorization to define output devices
- SPAB: Authorization to define physical or logical OMS (Output
Management Systems) in spool administration
- SPAC: Authorization to maintain device types and associated O (formatting, character sets, etc.)
- SPAM: Authorization to administer spool requests in external
clients (request client is not the administrator's client). You also
require administration values SPAD and SP01 (see below - Administration of Spool and Output Requests in Output Control).
SAPscript Font Maintenance
- FONT: Authorization to maintain SAPscript font data
The TemSe database stores spool request data, background processing job
logs and other data that should generally be kept in the system for a
short period of time only. These authorizations permit access to the TemSe administration functions, such as consistency checks and
- SPTD: Authorization for TemSe administration in all clients
- SPTR: Authorization for client-specific TemSe administration
Administration of Spool Requests in the Spool Output Control
Authorization to administer spool requests is controlled over two groups of authorization objects or authorization values. The
authorizations required depend on whether the administrator should
access spool requests from external clients (request client is not the administrator's client).
These authorizations are:
- SP01: Authorization for administration of spool requests in
spool output control (all users and clients)
- SP0R: Authorization for administration of spool requests (all
users) in spool output control. Access is limited to spool requests in the current client of the user.
- To access spool requests in your own client (apart from your own
unprotected requests), you need an additional authorization for object S_SPO_ACT (Spool: Activity).
- To access spool requests in external clients, users with authorization
for SP01 are automatically authorized to list spool requests and to display their attributes.
If the administrator has values SPAD and SPAM (see above), he/she has
unlimited authorization for external client spool requests.
For SP0R: To access spool requests (apart from your own unprotected
requests), you need an additional authorization for object S_SPO_ACT (Spool: Activity).
- ST0M: Authorization to change trace switches
- ST0R: Authorization to evaluate traces
- SM21: Authorization to evaluate system logs
- BTCH: Test environment, batch
- UNIX: Execute UNIX commands from the SAP System with program SAPMSOS0
- RSET: Reset/delete data without archiving
- SYNC: Reset buffers (buffer synch. with $sync, $tab...)
- X25 : Open X.25 connection for SAP (with report SAPSERVER)
- TRNL: Translation administration (Transaction SLW2)
- TCTR: Table control settings throughout the system
- CONV: Conversion according to Release
The following values grant a user the authorizations for administration
of spool output control. The user can execute all operations in spool output control.
|System administration|| SPAD, SPAM, SP01|
Additional authorization for S_SPO_ACT (Spool: Activity):
|Authorization field|| *|
|for spool activity|
|Value for || *|
Additional authorization for S_SPO_DEV (Spool: Device authorization)
|Spool: Output device|| *|