Kick Off Implementation Project
- Assign presentation topics to speakers (internal and external).
- Determine the participants (internal and external).
- Put together the documents to be distributed.
- Send out invitations well in advance.
- The objectives of the kick-of are to:
- bring all the participants together
- clarify common objectives
- explain the implementation strategy to the project team
- explain determining factors for the implementation project
- clarify time allocations, responsibilities and skill requirements
- provide an opportunity for questions from people who did not participate in the project preparation phase.
- Make sure that this meeting does not just present the results of the
project preparation work, but also throws light on the reasons behind the decisions.
- Ensure that a member of the management opens this event and presents
the objectives of the project. The project manager should also have the opportunity to make a presentation.
Suggested topic outline:
- Introduction of the participants
- Objectives of the kick off
- Determining factors for the project
- The R/3 Procedure Model, the project plan and the implementation tools
- Brief presentation of the SAP System
- Presentation of the R/3 System implementation procedure and tools
- Presentation of the next steps
Invite following groups of participants:
The following documents can be distributed:
- Copies of presentation documentation
- The project preparation report