The SAP Best Practices Chart of Accounts Conversion Tool enables you to change the
chart of accounts delivered with SAP Best Practices. The tool converts
accounts directly in SAP database tables. These accounts are replaced by new accounts, which are maintained
through a chart of accounts conversion table.
The conversion tool can only be used with a competely installed SAP Best Practices package. For other conversion,
consult SAP System Landscape Optimization
The following functions are provided to support the Chart of Accounts Conversion Tool:
- Chart of accounts
- Convert the existing chart of accounts delivered by SAP
Best Practices to a target chart of accounts
- Change the name of the chart of accounts and change the
accounts and cost elements in this chart of accounts
- Change master data and customizing data
- Accounts and account assignments
- Tables that are part of the standard configuration are
automatically included in the conversion. Additional tables
you have created, as well as modifications of standard
tables, may also be converted.
Note: The tool can only be used in development or demo
environments without productive data. It is not possible to
convert transactional or productive data.
- Chart of accounts conversion table:
Before applying the tools, a chart of accounts conversion table must be maintained.
- Provided for SAP ERP 5.0 and SAP ERP 6.0.
- Creates technical database conversion (programs and tables)
- Changes data directly in the database
- Saves time
- Reduces costs
- Offers flexibility
- An SAP FI expert must carry out the conversion