- All Superinterfaces:
- ConnectionFactory, Referenceable, Referenceable, Serializable
- public interface IConnectionFactory
- extends ConnectionFactory
IConnectionFactory provides an interface for getting connection to an EIS
instance. An implementation of IConnectionFactory interface is provided by
a resource adapter. Application code looks up a IConnectionFactory instance
from JNDI namespace and uses it to get EIS connections.
SAP Connector Framwork IConnectionFactory extends JCA 1.0 to enable
clients to get its Connection object and extended metadata.
public IConnectorMetaData getMetaDataEx()
- Gets metadata for the Resource Adapter. Note that the metadata
information is about the ResourceAdapter and not the EIS instance. An
invocation of this method does not require that an active connection to
an EIS instance should have been established.
- IConnectorMetaData interface of the connector.
- See Also:
public void setConnectionTimeOut(int msTimeOut)
- Sets the maximum time to wait for a connection.
msTimeOut - The time to wait in milliseconds.
public int getConnectionTimeOut()
- Returns the maximum time to wait for a connection.
- The time to wait in milliseconds.
public IConnectionSpec getConnectionSpec()
- The interface IConnectionSpec is used by an application component to
pass connection request-specific properties to the
- See Also:
public IConnection getConnectionEx(IConnectionSpec connectionSpec)
- Gets a connection to an EIS instance. In the component- managed sign-on
case, an application component passes security information (example:
username, password) through the ConnectionSpec instance. It is
important to note that the properties passed through the getConnection
method should be client-specific (example: username, password,
language) and not related to the configuration of a target EIS instance
(example: port number, server name).
ConnectionFailedException - Failed to get a connection to the EIS
instance. Examples of error cases are: Invalid specification of
input parameters Invalid configuration of
ManagedConnectionFactory-- example: invalid server name
Application server-internal error--example: connection pool
related error Communication error EIS-specific error--example:
EIS not active Resource adapter-internal error Security related
error; example: invalid user Failure to allocate system
- See Also: